Thursday, September 1, 2011

Salvation terminology ...part 1


There seems to be a lot 'Mystery terminology' (e.g., of people getting saved, being a part of the church, added to the Lord, etc.) for it to be for someone else (specifically, Israel). What I am looking for is reasons why this can’t apply to the Body, but in actuality, applies to the Kingdom, Jewish church.  This is just one of those things that I need someone to open the box for me, so I can think/understand outside of the box (the typical teaching of the passage).


Terminology
Just because the terminology is similar, it does not mean that the doctrine being taught is the same! First and foremost, the greatest clue that what is being spoken of in the book of Acts is most likely about Israel, is as I explained in the post previous to this one (“It’s a combination thereof…that’s why!” 8/30/11).  That is the purpose of the book (Israel's fall and salvation coming to us gentiles), as well as the people the book was both written to and about—that being, the people of Israel!

But also, when we examine the passage(s), and actually look at what is written, we see that it could not possible apply to us today because the Church the Body of Christ did not even exist in early Acts.  Since it began with the salvation/commissioning of our Apostle Paul in Acts 9, anything written before that, has to refer to Israel and their earthly kingdom program!

1 Timothy 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Ephesians 3:1-2
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

1 Corinthians 9:16-17
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!  For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment