Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Salvation terminology ...part 4


Continued…
Believing for salvation:  then and now

So what they had to believe then was that Jesus of Nazareth was/is the Christ, the Son of the Living God! And the church that they were "added" to was the Kingdom church.

Matthew 16:18-19
And I say … I will build my church…And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:

Today, in the present dispensation of God's Grace, it is not enough to simply believe that “Jesus is the Son of God” (although you must believe that!!).  Today, you must also trust that "the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins!"And that he was buried and rose again from the dead the third day...

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I [Paul] preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Today, you must not just have faith in his NAME as the Jews had to…

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

…but you must also have faith in his BLOOD, as God the Father has...

Romans 3:25.
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment