Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Providence and Preservation, Pt. 3

Continued...


You asked if God supernaturally guided the KJB translators to put down the exact words that he wanted, so therefore it was the inspired word of God.  No.  It was the inspired word of God before they translated it.  Understand that what they translated was already the inspired preserved word of Almighty God in the original languages.  It didn’t become the inspired preserved word of God after they translated it.  They just translated each word into the English language.

It wasn’t until I learned right division that I even understood the King James issue.  I didn’t even know it was an issue until I heard about it from my pastor in Chicago, brother Richard Jordan.  He taught me so many other things that I had never heard before, so when he showed me some things about the different bible versions and I saw that the ‘bible’ I was using had mistakes and errors but the KJB didn’t, I threw away my NIV.  I dug it out of the trash later to show others.

It made sense to me that the living true God whose Son is perfect and called the Word of God should be able to preserve his word perfectly forever.

Psalm 12:6-7
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.   Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

When I got saved I gave God credit that he was able to give me a book that I could trust.   I reasoned that the living God is there and I need a connection to him that is true and living…and that is the word of God. 

I believed that I could have that.  Now I realize it wasn’t the NIV; it is the KJB.  Some brothers helped me to see that. 

I decided to give God the benefit of the doubt that I could have his word today.  And obviously over the course of the 15-16 years since then, I have been strengthened in the conviction that the King James Bible is powerful and is God’s perfect, preserved inspired word for English-speaking people.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick [alive!], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


Hopefully this helps!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



No comments:

Post a Comment